Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Goonie Jane That's My Name Part 1

So a couple of nights ago my dad bought this really fantastic movie called The Goonies, and it had Sean Astin in it from my favorite movies of all time: The Lord of the Rings.

I was very excited, so the next morning I got up and ate breakfast and waited for everybody to leave to begin my adventure as a Goonie. Dad went to work, Mom went to yoga, and Ana, being a teenager, would sleep 'till noon. As soon as everybody was gone I raced upstairs to find my Bee Blanket and Big Bear. (Big Bear details later). They were my Goonie sidekicks.












My friend Jackie had just given me her cowboy hat, so I was prepared for anything.I decided to start with the attic, since they had found the map up there too. But I remembered Dad saying that it was dangerous to go up there because of this weird poisonous cotton, or he was just trying to keep me away from it at Christmas during my annual Search The House For Presents.


Anyway, I went down into the basement instead, and I found an old story of mine but nothing else but boxes....very old.


Bee suggested that I play on the drums and sing a song to uncover a key.


ME: Bee, that's brilliant, truly brilliant!


I got on my drums and began to play.

I was upset at her lack of interest but nevertheless I waited and WAITED AND WAITED and FINALLY Mom came home and told me I could go out. I packed a backpack of necessary foods:
...along with a pillow, a gardening shovel, and some gloves, and I set out on my amazing journey to follow the map.
--Jane

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you get all Goonie in Part 2, Jane. ;) I love that movie too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, this was great. I love how much Big Bear loves to dance to your music. Can't wait for Part II.

    ReplyDelete